Sometimes when driving around Heidelberg I really have to take a minute, sit back and take in the experience that we are having here. Germany is so beautiful and rich in culture and history. We live less than 5 miles away from a mid-evil castle for pete's sake. The Neckar River runs through the middle of town and converges with the famous Rhine the next town over. Things are not just a hundred years old here but hundreds and thousands of years old. I love walking down the Haupstrasse cobble stone streets and really soaking in that European feel. We have been here for a year now and before we know it we will be done and heading on to our next adventure. I really hope I learn to take a minute, sit back and take in the experience more often, it feels really good!
1 comment:
I have been to Heidelberg before! I even visited that mid-evil castle you are talking about. (If I remember right there is a long, steep walk up to that baby). How fun! It was one of my favorite places I visited while in Europe. Consider me jealous!
Post a Comment