This past November I received a call in the middle of the day from Josh on my cell phone. It was obvious that he was very excited. He kept telling me that he had been STEP promoted that day by the wing commander. I wasn't quite sure what that meant other than the obvious.......more moolah, of course. I did realize it was probably a big deal if the wing commander would come from Ramstein to do it but, the exact implications were lost on me. So, I did what I do every other time when I am not sure what people are talking about.... I Googled it.... So just in case you didn't know what a STEP promotion was either I saved you the work.
Per aboutmilitary.com
Stripes for Exceptional Performers (STEP)
"There is one final avenue for promotion to the ranks of Staff Sergeant (E-5) to Master Sergeant (E-7). Each year, the Air Force releases a limited number (usually less than 200, Air Force-wide), slots for a STEP promotion. The slots are usually distributed to the various MAJCOMS (Major Commands), who then usually distribute them to the Wings (Installations). There are generally only two or three STEP allocations given to each Wing (Installation) per year. Wing commanders can then use these allocations to promote OUTSTANDING individuals to Staff Sergeant, Technical Sergeant, and Master Sergeant.
I cannot stress enough that the allocations are EXTREMELY limited, and is not something that one should count on in the promotion process."
Not only was he chosen for this huge honor but, I might add that he not even quite reached his 10 year mark and the average years in service for promotion to Technical Sgt is 14. YEAH JOSH!!!! We are so proud of you!!

1 comment:
That is AMAZING!!!!! And shame on no one for commenting on this!!! Unless they are better than me...and actually did something else! ;) What an honor and how exciting! They see what YOU do!!!!!
Post a Comment