Tuesday, February 3, 2009

BLESSINGS!!!!

Ok long story (kinda) short. I got a hold of my doc and she said she would change my induction to Thursday morning but that they do not do inductions on Fridays. Well this does not work very well for us seeing how Mason took all of 45 minutes and Josh's flight doesn't come in until 1 p.m. and I am suppose to be at the hospital at 6a.m. Anyways, I said ok well if Josh is gonna miss is I would rather just go ahead and get it over with and I would like to stick with Tuesday. Then after a fairly rude and confusing conversation with the nurse,(who suggested that now my option was to just wait it out until I go into labor on my own, which is not very comforting when our time is very limited for Josh to be here) I wasn't even sure if I even had an appointment at all anymore. The nurse then said she would call me back and let me know if I did. In the meantime Josh called me on his way to work and of course I was crying. I had been waiting for 3 hours at that point to hear back. Of course being the wonderful husband that he is Josh wanted to fix it all and called and talked to the nurse. Soon I recieved a call from the nurse saying I could come in on Tuesday. I was fine with that. THEN about an hour later I get a call from the base it was the nurse for the "Head Doc" (I forget the military title). He caught wind of what was going on and is coming in special to induce me on friday so Josh can be there and that we will still have some time to spend as a family with our new little one before Josh heads back. Anyways, this is such a HUGE blessing for us I just had to share!!!!!!!! Now I just can't start labor until Friday.

7 comments:

Heidi D said...

Good ol' Josh. :) He's really got your back, even over in Korea! I am so glad stuff is working out for you. Yay for blessings.

p.s. I wanted to slap that nurse for you by the way. What a snot!

Meg said...

I am sooo glad things are working out! Who is your doc on base? I will be looking forward to hearing the great news this weekend then. Fun weekend for me too, Jake gets home Saturday after 5 weeks at SOS, it has been too long since you and I chatted, I'll call! Give me your cell number or your moms house if you would! Miss you guys soooo much!

Julie Z said...

I am glad to hear that you and Josh were able to get things straightened out. When things happen that way I think it is because the Lord is aware of our needs and blesses us. I will be thinking and praying for you that all goes well. Julie

Terra and Phil said...

All of that drama on top of being pregnant and hormonal and uncomfortable! It just isn't fair! How long does Josh get to be there? I am happy it is all going to work out in the end. And I still wish I could see pictures of you!! I am telling you one day you will wish you had taken some pictures you silly girl!!!

Kimmy-Kins said...

Hope all goes well!! Is Josh coming home on emergency leave or mid tour? Glad he'll make it!! Can't wait to see pictures!

Jenne said...

I am waiting for pictures! Checking daily to see the new baby!
Congrats in advance and I can't wait to hear all about it! Miss you!

alysia said...

Okay, I wanna see Lincoln! I'm sure that you're busy enjoying your time with Josh while he's there though. Post when you can!
Love ya!